Re: [BKARTS] really ugly typeface

Hi Lee,
I am more curious as to why they used totally different typefaces for larger and smaller type. The one is sans serif while the larger is a serif type almost times roman.
I don't find either one particularly hard to read, however. A was always taught not to use serif type for on screen text because the eye didn't follow it like on the written page.
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

The Prints & The Paper wrote:
I must say, I can usually figure out a rationale for even awkward typefaces,
but I can't think of any reason why this one was used for this application:

http://americanart.si.edu/search/artist_bio.cfm?StartRow=1&ID=2052

I'd love to be enlightened, but I find this hard to read, unbalanced, and
disturbing.

Lee

Lee Kirk

The Prints & The Paper