Re: [BKARTS] smeary paper?

Anne, I would think that spraying with a good-quality acrylic fixative would work. Don't use hairspray! Ugh, ugh, ugh! That stuff is not archival and may eventually ruin the paper. Good acrylic fixative brands are Krylon, Golden, Lascaux. You'll need to read the label to see whether they are glossy or matte. All are available at most art stores. I use Krylon Crystal Clear on my own works on paper. (I'm a painter and I teach drawing and painting.)

Marilynn Brandenburger
Atlanta, GA
www.brandenburgerstudios.com