[BKARTS] SoCal APHA Book Club New Date

Dear Friends,
Please note that we must change the meeting date for Book Club #2 to Monday, June 2, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. because I will be out of town on our original date of June 4.
Warmly,
Kitty Maryatt

Southern California Chapter, American Printing History Association
Book Club #2 Gathering
June 2, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.

We are pleased to announce the second in our series of APHA Book Club conversations, which will be held on Monday, June 2 at 7:00 p.m. in the evening. The book which gives us a structure for the meetings is Frederick G. Kilgour’s The Evolution of the Book, which you can find used on Amazon for about $30. We have made a limited number of photocopies of the next two chapters, which you can request from Richenda Brim.

We discussed the first three chapters in Kilgour on the Dynamics of the Book, Incunables on Clay, and Papyrus Rolls at the recent meeting. The next chapters we will concentrate on are The Greco-Roman World, and the Codex 100-700, which includes pages 34 to 56.

We will meet again at Kitty Maryatt’s studio in Playa Vista at 7:00 p.m. If you didn’t attend the first Book Club meeting, you are still entirely welcome. And if you cannot find time to read Kilgour, you will still find illuminating conversations at our friendly gathering.

We are also planning a series of visits to collections which house artifacts which we are discussing at the Book Club. Please look for the next announcement of the upcoming visit to possibly UCLA.

RSVP Richenda Brim
rbrim@xxxxxxxxx

Address: 5350 Playa Vista Drive #12
Playa Vista, CA 90094
(310) 439-2135
Park in guest parking next to the studio or on the street