[BKARTS] civil war diaries

I am interested in Civil War diaries. The web oage below shows a style of
diary   of which I found several examples.   It looks like the book is sewn on
cords, even perhaps sunken cords.   Does anyone know about civil war diaries or
can you direct me to books, web sights, etc that might have inforation about
the construction of the books (not too interested in what is written inside at
the moment).

http://miley.wlu.edu/Readerdiary/

I also came across some images of small ( about 2" x 3") mother of pearl and
ivory diaries doing a google image search for civil war diaries. Again, does
anyone know about them or can direct me to information about them.

Thanks

Patricia Grass

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new
twists on family favorites at AOL Food.