Re: [BKARTS] lewis and clark journls

Patricia,

Thirty of the Lewis and Clark Notebook Journals are at The American Philosophical Society. They were directed to be placed there by Thomas Jefferson. Facsimiles of Codex A, E & J were printed at The Stinehour Press in the year 2000. Heide Kyle was the conservator at the time of the facsimile and might have notes on their structure. If not, a research request to the Society, in Philadelphia, might be granted.

Attached are two jpeg scans of Codex A & E Facsimiles.

Best,
Leonard Seastone

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia Grass <PAGrass@xxxxxxx> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wed, 14 May 2008 9:33 pm Subject: lewis and clark journls

Further interest in journals-diaries --this time it's Lewis and Clark. I've
found information about covering material and size but nothing about how they
were sewn together. Can anyone help me with finding this information.

Thanks

Patricia Grass

************** Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.