Re: [BKARTS] "Archival" tissue paper

Jane,
I think you will be hearing from a number of people on this.
I am not a paper chemist, but I think that I see a KEY word that may explain your situation. You say:
"(a) Could a roll of presumably unbuffered, archival quality" tissue......". The Abbey Pen will only tell you whether a paper is either acidic or alkaline. Since the tissue is "Unbuffered", the reading might be slightly acidic. If the paper was buffered, we would hope that you would get an alkaline reading.
Maybe the tissue should be properly tested either with a pH meter, or you could use the pH strips. Hopefully, you would see a reading close to pH 7.0.
Just a suggestion and that is my understanding of the chemistry.
Bill Minter