Re: [BKARTS] "Archival" tissue paper

It does! Thanks!

Kathy

On May 15, 2008, at 4:44 PM, Susan Lunas wrote:

The testing isn't difficult, however it does require a science/ chemistry
laboratory setting -- unless one has a sophisiticated pH meter at home.
I believe that we made slurries (took pieces of the paper, put them in a
blender with distrilled or deionized water) and then tested the pH with
a pH meter. Testing to determine whether the acidity was caused by
migration, or simply part of the tissue would be beyond a pH test. A
paper scientist would be the one to talk to about that.

Does this answer your question completely?

Susan

Kathleen Garness wrote:
Could you share how you do that?

Thanks,