Re: [BKARTS] "Archival" tissue paper

Having made the slurry and tested with a pH meter, a further test would be to titrate with acid (add acid in small measured amounts) and observe how this changes the pH. This would measure the alkaline reserve of the paper, and simulates the phenomenon of environmental acidity being absorbed by the paper, thus answering the question that really must be answered: how much acid can be added to the paper before it goes out of the safe pH range (at which point the acidity starts attacking the cellulose)?
-Kevin Martin
 the Papertrail