Re: [BKARTS] Moleskin

I've never done it, but as a young girl who was addicted to my Madame Alexander doll (red hair) for whom I made everything, including a bra and lace-trimmed underwear from my mother's trousseau lingerie, I always fantasized about catching one of the many chipmunks in our yard in Ohio and making a fur coat for her. this was in the 40s and political correctness hadn't been invented yet--and besides, I never figured out how to act on the impulse. (Ohio chipmunks have russet fur and brown stripes--really classy!)

I would have put it into the freezer and gone online to find out how to tan it so that it would stay soft. I've seen live moles, and the fur is amazingly soft and beautiful, a wonderful color of grey.

Signa

rhonda boothe wrote:
Upon seeing a fairly fresh, unblemished dead mole on the path in the woods this morning, I was stricken with the desire to skin it, tan it with the lovely soft gray fur still on, and make a miniature book. Have any of you every indulged such an impulse? Should I have carried it home and put it in a ziploc bag in my freezer?
Sincerely,
Granny Artemis

my website: granny-artemis.com

jessica's websites: