[BKARTS] Booklyn Benefits: Lonely Bear No More

Booklyn Benefit: Lonely Bear No More, June 11th

Dear Friends,

I hope you will all be able to join me at Booklyn's benefit on June 11th.

All the juicy details are below and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Its a great chance to support some enigmatic culture while having a somewhat out of control good time!

Thank you for your support of Booklyn,,

Marshall Weber, Booklyn, Organik

718-383-9621

Booklyn Benefits: Lonely Bear No More
Wednesday, June 11th, 7 pm
Club Europa
98 Meserole Avenue at Manhattan Avenue
G train to Greenpoint, Brooklyn

Booklyn Artists Alliance is throwing Booklyn Benefits: Lonely Bear No More, a four-band benefit-bash to celebrate the release of Christine Shield's book Esmeralda Tree-Cat / Lonely Bear. Raffles to ignite the soul! Music to shake whatever jiggles to! Register to vote on the premises! Proceeds will further Booklyn's public programming.

Sweet and savory swamp rockers Salt + Samovar headline and cacophonous joy ensues with Balthrop, Alabama, a 12-piece outfit paired with live drawing by Michael Arthur. Featuring Christine Shields & Friends performing Esmeralda Tree-Cat / Lonely Bear accompanied by ukulele. Phil Franklin previously of Sunburned Hand of the Man will introduce his new band Arroyo Hondo. Permanent Records provides DJ ambassadors Sir Hannett and DJ Vanwreck.

Esmeralda Tree-Cat / Lonely Bear is a seven-color silkscreen and gouache love-tale that glows off the pages of this rec room wood-paneling covered book and hibernates within the walls of its own fur bag. Silk-screening by Kay-Rock.

Advance letterpressed tickets are $10 and can be reserved by calling 718-383-9621. Tickets will be $12 at the door.  More information at www.booklyn.org

Rebecca Alvarez, 646.642.9504 rebecca@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jamie Munkatchy, 347.432.4906 jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx

Check the MONUMENT - http://www.booklyn.org/exhibition/000331.php

"...your dreams do not have to come at the expense of my dreams...", Barack Obama, 3/18/2008