Re: [BKARTS] The Espress Book Machine

When I started my company, I looked at many many binding and printing machines.

I can assure you that this machine is the antithesis of everything the people on this list care about: fine papers, beautiful printing, hand crafted bindings and finishing.

These machines essentially glue together photocopies made on 20# bond copy paper. For a lot less money, you can buy a faster, higher quality laser printer and a simple perfect binding machine. You'll make books many times faster than the Espresso can. Our first binding machine cost $5k and we still use it for softcover books - we average 40-50 books an hour with it, and since it is a manual machine, the spines are always straight and square.

Ben M Zlotkin
Edition One Studios

ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.editiononestudios.com