Re: [BKARTS] problems with PVA and digital printing

I tried tightening up the sewing and less glue on the spine, but it still opens up to expose the super and tapes. Do you think I should line the spine with a neutral fabric and sewing through that as a visual blocker? I'm about to tip the sections with spray mount just to seal those gaps.

--- On Wed, 5/28/08, Bruce Levy <levybooks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Bruce Levy <levybooks@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BKARTS] problems with PVA and digital printing
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 7:49 PM

If the semi-gloss stock is coated for the finish, like a polymer coating, a
stronger glue isn't going to help.  The glue is already stronger than
surface, and is separating it from the base paper along with the printing.  You
might not want to force the glue too far into the sections for that reason.  It
might be better to concentrate on good adhesion on the "backs" of the
sections along with a good spine lining.