Re: [BKARTS] problems with PVA and digital printing

Before applying your paste/adhesive and spine lining, try backing the spine by rubbing the peaks of the gatherings down with the round end of your bone folder. Start gently to see how the paper responds, then you should be able to use firm pressure.

all the best,
Roberta

Roberta Lavadour - Pendleton, OR
Mission Creek Press  -  Desultory Press
http://www.missioncreekpress.com

I tried tightening up the sewing and less glue on the spine, but it still opens up to expose the super and tapes. Do you think I should line the spine with a neutral fabric and sewing through that as a visual blocker? I'm about to tip the sections with spray mount just to seal those gaps.