Re: [BKARTS] Printing on vellum

Robert & others:

I'm certainly no printer but I do have a great book about this subject.

The title is "The Mystique of Vellum". It's a 1984 copy wright held by Bromer Booksellers and Richard Bigus who did the printing.

It contains among other things a manual of printing letterpress on vellum and parchment that was written by Bigus.

You won't find the book at Barns & Nobel but your University special collections may have a copy.

Good luck,

Gregor Campbell
Campbell-Logan Bindery, Inc.
800-942-6224
<http://campbell-logan.com>

How were (are) books printed on vellum? What inks were used and how different was it (is it) from printing on paper?

Robert Tauber