Re: [BKARTS] Printing on vellum

A friend of mine, Peter Bishop, of Petrarch Press printed several books on vellum, and the results were magnificent.  He used Albion presses much the way Doves, Kelmscott etc. printed on vellum.  It's a tricky business.  The ink stays pretty much on top of the vellum, so the ink formula is less forgiving than printing on paper. Also the humidity of the vellum while printing, if I recall correctly, was an important point to give just the right amount of type "bite". I would think a Google search would reveal a myriad of info.