[BKARTS] Exhibition Reception this Saturday July 12

Book_Arts-l members are welcome to visit my bindery and gallery near Hudson, NY
for the reception of

The Second Exhibition of American Decorated Publishers' Bindings, 1872-1929

Saturday July 12, 2008, 4:00 to 7:00 PM
413 County Route 22
Stockport, NY

R.S.V.P.

If you will be in this region next weekend come see these beautiful book covers from the Golden Age of publishers' bindings. There are plenty of things to do in nearby Hudson, NY, with over 60 antique shops, many art galleries, concerts in the park, and more. We are 20 minutes from Olana, 45 minutes from Albany or Tanglewood (Lenox, MA), and even closer to The Fisher Center at Bard, where Chekhov?s tragicomedy Uncle Ványa is being performed that day at 2 and 8 pm. If you have not been here before I can e-mail directions.

The catalog will include photo, bibliographic information, and analysis of 300 designs by 58 artists, many of whom were not in the first exhibition. Some pictures are at http://minsky.com/gallery.htm

This collection is available in its entirety for institutional acquisition.

Best regards,
Richard