Re: [BKARTS] query white call letters

From: Sharlane Gubkin <sxg7@xxxxxxxx>

Try 91% isopropyl alcohol on a small q-tip and scrape them off with a thin wooden stick or other small scraper.
If this does not work try acetone. The alcohol works really well on commercially bound books with stamping on the spine
but some of the other paint pens, etc. are harder to remove. Work in a well ventilated area. You don't want to use anything stronger (like benzine) without a fume hood, nitrile gloves or other protection.

Sharlane Gubkin
Preservation Deapertment
Kelvin Smith Library
Cse Western Reserve University