[BKARTS] MA Questionnaire: How are binders and conservators using Tyvek?

TIME SENSITIVE

Dear All,

I realize that this is a book art list as opposed to a conservation list
(where I am also posting this letter), but I am looking for feedback from
binders as well as conservators:

As an MA student in the Books Conservation Programme at West Dean College, I am researching the uses of Tyvek (or any similar nonwoven polyethylene/polypropylenes) in the conservation of books and library
materials. After much research and personal communications, it appears to me that while many conservators and binders seem to be using Tyvek, only a
handful of articles recommending its use have been published. It is my
feeling that many conservators will have insight to add to a volume of work
devoted to this topic, and for this reason I have compiled a brief
questionnaire.  Since one of the things I am trying to determine is if and
how conservators are using Tyvek, the more conservators I can reach, the
better. The findings of my research will be written and made available to
all who contribute.

If this is a topic that intrests you or that you feel strongly about (I am
seeking opinions both for and against the use of Tyvek), and if you would be willing to participate in the study by completing the questionnaire, please email me at lilihall[at]gmail[dot]com and I will send it along. Your
participation will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Lili Hall
lilihall[at]gmail[dot]com