Re: [BKARTS] The Living Library/human books

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Peter Verheyen <verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> But, are they books? What are their properties of "bookness." Almost like
> "Fahrenheit 451". Neat project.

perhaps the question might be "are they 'just' books, or do they exceed by a
great deal the bookness of the material object, as well as the textuality of
the text that a book contains...

neat idea, though, and takes one back to Socrates' complaint in the *
Phaedrus* about the problem with writing and with books is that they don't
really engage in dialogue...

--
Linde Brocato

in re: getting one's bearings: "there's very little work space on the
pendulum and absolutely NONE in the pit" Christine E Allen

People like to imagine that because all our mechanical equipment moves so
much faster, that we are thinking faster, too. -Christopher Morley, writer
(1890-1957)

One of the indictments of civilizations is that happiness and intelligence
are so rarely found in the same person. -William Feather, author, editor and
publisher (1889-1981)

There are no chaste minds. Minds copulate wherever they meet. -Eric Hoffer,
philosopher and author (1902-1983)