Re: [BKARTS] strange typo in recent books from Latin America

Scott,

I guess that I was imagining the practice of referring to a group of mixed
gender people as "Guys".   Hmmm...  I know that if you have 5 women and five
men in a group that you would not normally refer to them as "ladies".  Of
course I would normally use the term "Folks", but that may be too
politically correct.  "My peeps" also works well....

And I'm not sure how PC (Personal Computer) makes no sense to you.   There
are many people that get upset that people use the @ for "at" in online
forums and blogs (and on SOME e-mail lists, for that matter.)  That was a PC
inspired use, in ways like LOL and OMG are used in blogs today, where you
hear people complaining about "kids" talking in a language that they do not
understand and to them is not real English.

So maybe you can see how PC can be taken either way and could actually make
sense either way.

Bill