From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill
Roberts
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:12 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] señor@s was strange typo in recent book s from Latin
America

Hi,
Nope, I've been happily married for ten years so far and was formerly a tax
accountant.   The marriage penalty is a myth, of sorts.  Yes, you get
SLIGHTLY less of an exemption as a married couple, but married couples pay
less taxes at the end of the day.  Anyone that stays single or divorces
because they think that they are saving money is fooling themselves.  I can
tell you from experience that I pay substantially less tax being married
than if my wife and I were not married.   Substantially....

Here is a link:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/taxes/p48908.asp

My apologies for taking this thread off topic.

All best,
Bill