Re: [BKARTS] Simple hecto, fyi?

That was fun to watch - brought back memories. A friend and I issued a
"newspaper" using this method back in high school. (You can type on the
master and make a number of reproductions of the text. This was long before
copy machines!)

The recipe in the "how to" video is:

1 part gelatin
4 parts water
6 parts glycerin

Other recipes use sugar, agar, or other agents.

A simple  recipe:
1 pint glycerin
2 boxes gelatin (8 envelopes)
2 cups water

Basically you moisten the gelatin with the water. Heat the glycerin
(carefully, in a double boiler)
to the boiling point, and carefully add the gelatin, stirring to dissolve.
Then pour it into your baking tray (shallow pan). Remove the air bubbles
(oh, I remember this tedious part) by dragging the edge of a folded paper
towel or newsprint across the surface until it is smooth. You have to leave
this alone until it has set up - I think we waited overnight.

We really thought we were something with that newspaper. I think we got out
two or three issues before the tedium got to us!

Lee

Lee Kirk

The Prints & The Paper
PO Box 5432