Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 23 Jul 2008 to 24 Jul 2008 (#2008-205)

CJ's technique may work in some email managers, but it doesn't work in
gmail, for example.

In most email software, you can, in "settings" tell the software whether to
include the original message in "reply" or not.  I generally do tell it to
include the message, so I can follow the original in answering, then I
highlight and delete as I go.

Another handy shortcut is ctrl + a, which selects everything in the message,
which either backspace, space, or delete will disappear for you, or hitting
any key will replace with the letter you've typed...

these keyboard shortcuts work in most windows apps:
ctrl + a   -- select all
ctrl + c   -- copy
ctrl + x   -- cut
ctrl + v   -- paste
ctrl + z  -- undo  (needless to say, this is one of the very most useful!)

Preaching to the choir, I suspect, but it seemed worthwhile to share ...

Linde
--
Linde Brocato

People like to imagine that because all our mechanical equipment moves so
much faster, that we are thinking faster, too. {or at least that we ought
to! lmb} -Christopher  Morley, writer (1890-1957)

There are no chaste minds. Minds copulate wherever they meet. -Eric Hoffer,
philosopher and author (1902-1983)