[BKARTS] Books are...

Dear Friends

Books are intimate; they welcome personal encounters. Books are humble; they fulfill their potential closed as well as open. Books have depth; they are rich with the possibilities of endless variation. Books have spirit; they are dwelling places for our thoughts and dreams.

I wrote a version of this in my early years of making books and for a long time it was on the entry page to my art website. Over the years I have seen it pop up here and there as an anonymous poem.

Although I am moving away from books in my artwork, I am still deeply immersed in making books with children. As I work with teachers, children, and parents, I am reminded of what drew me to books and take great joy in sharing the adventure. I just posted a version of the quote with hand lettering and type on both my blogs and thought I would share it with the list.

in good spirit has a pdf version as well.
http://www.ingoodspirit.blogspot.com

in good spirit
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord skgaylord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx