[BKARTS] Call for Entries - Maternal Legends - A Juried Exhibition of Contemporary Artist Books

Call for Entries

Maternal Legends: A Juried Exhibition of Contemporary Artist Books
December 5, 2008 – January 3, 2009
Entry deadline: October 24, 2008

THEME - Maternal Legends. Mothers, grandmothers, sisters, stories,
histories, legends, legacies. What did we learn from our mothers and
their mothers and their mothers? What are the stories that have been
passed down through the generations? How did the women in our family
shape who we are today? Let's explore and celebrate our Maternal
Legends through the magic of artist books.

MEDIA - This exhibit is open to book arts related artworks created as
either edition or one-of-a-kind. Artist books, sculptural books, book
objects, altered books, zines or broadsides are encouraged. Any
medium, any style. Broadsides must be framed behind acrylic (not
glass) and ready to hang.

JUROR - This exhibition will be juried by Cara List who is the artist
books librarian at the Art and Architecture Library at the University
of Oregon.

PURCHASE PRIZE - One artwork chosen by the jurors will be awarded a
purchase prize. That work will be purchased and donated to the artist
book collection at the University of Oregon.

More information and entry forms at:
www.23sandy.com/MaternalLegends/CallForEntries.html

Laura Russell
23 Sandy Gallery