Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 2 Aug 2008 to 3 Aug 2008 (#2008-215)

Moshe,

Barbour is one of the last few manufacturers left of Irish linen thread.
Most of our Irish linen thread comes from them, though sometimes we source
thread from another mill when they cannot supply us.  Barbour is VERY slow
to manufacture linen thread since there is such little demand for it left in
the world.

You can find this product on our web site here:
http://tinyurl.com/yzox27

All of our threads are 3 cord, and the #30 refers to the thickness.  We do
not have a #30, but we do have 35 which is nothing more than thousands of an
inch difference than what is recommended originally in the book.  It suspect
this difference in thickness will be workable for your purpose.

I am not sure about Crewel needles, but our Darners would be suitable I
would think.  They can be found on our web site here:
http://tinyurl.com/223ypc

Regards,
Aaron Salik

Talas