Re: [BKARTS] Heatset Tissue and Guarding

Not usually with starch paste. I preferred uda thin and wheat starch paste for guarding. Still do, although other tissues will work very well.

I found that it was sometimes difficult to ensure a good adherence of heatset tissue to the paper, no matter where it was applied. That may have been due to a number of variables, ranging from surface soil, iron heat, paper surface... I was also told that there was some emerging concern that cross-linking of the adhesive might damage inks, if the tissue was applied over printing. I quit using it for the most part, relegating the stuff to paper with no images at all. That meant -- very limited use.

Carol
--------