[BKARTS] To all Southern California book artists

CALL TO ALL SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ARTISTS WHO MAKE BOOKS

Art Catalogues at MOCA, Pacific Design Center and Umbrella are
collaborating in a wide and resplendent exhibition of contemporary artist bookworks which will be accessible to the public for exploration and sales during the course of the Artist Book Exhibition upstairs in the Galleries at MOCA, Pacific Design Center, Los Angeles. We want bookworks from San Diego to Santa Barbara,
so please tell your colleagues.

We are asking for more than one copy of artist books which will be sent on consignment to Art Catalogues for the duration of the exhibition opening on 19 October and closing sometime in January. If you send at least 5 copies, we will try to sell them to the public during the holiday season and before and after as well.

If you do send a one-of-a-kind bookwork, then realize that it will be handled by the public in the bookstore.

Books are to be consigned and sent, before October 3, 2008, to:
Art Catalogues at MOCA
Attn: Dagny Corcoran
8687 Melrose Avenue, G102
West Hollywood, CA 90069
(310) 289-5223
Necessary information is to be supplied:
Title
Artist/Author
Publisher
City
Year
Price/Discount (I must have at least 30% per MOCA, as all sales go through their register)
Description, including edition size, where signed, number of pages, medium and any interesting side-note. Dagny put each book in a plastic bag together with the description and price
Contact address, e-mail and phone number

Judith A. Hoffberg
Editor & Publisher, Umbrella