Re: [BKARTS] How to have a book of photographs printed? addendum

i didn't think of this...
one could order the cheapest casing
and then remove the text block and rebind by hand.

damn that's a good idea.
I think i am gonna do that - i was still undecided about the exterior
but just using the service to print the textblock is totally affordable.

jgodsey wrote:
From the samples I have seen and for my money
i would use an online service such as Iphoto, Kodak gallery or Shutterfly.

I have seen examples at the camera club and they are WORTH the money for single copies and small amounts.
Kodak Gallery will do a leather version, and Iphoto also make them with dust jackets.
it's worth a looksee.

j. godsey www.sicpress.com - Book repair and cleaning supplies 14 pleasant st methuen, ma 01844 978-376-5619 fax 866-416-6101

Scott J. Coutts wrote:
Hi All,

I need to print a book of photographs, so they need to be double sided pages printed so that I can fold and bind them... but it's for a single copy. I don't normally have to have this kind of thing printed, so I'm not really sure where I can have it done.

I should specify here that I only want pages that I can fold and sew. I'm not interested in having it spiral bound, wire bound, with binding posts, perfect or other adhesive binding etc, or any other method that uses single pages rather than folded pages. I also don't want to paste photographs into a book in an album style. I know there's plenty of place around that will do any of those things for me.

I'd considered hiring a high quality inkjet and testing some of that double sided paper, but I have no idea whether it's any good or not, or whether you can get it in a size that will allow me to print large enough sheets to fold (rolls and a guillotine maybe?). Maybe I'm totally off the track here. Can anyone recommend a good place or method, that isn't outrageously expensive, to have this printing done?

Cheers,

Scott.