Re: [BKARTS] Definition of "Carta Rustica"

Carta rustica is the rough handmade paper used for wrappers on limp bindings. Term is Italien, carta = paper, rustica = rustic. They are very common, at least we have very many here at Syracuse University Library. We even had one that was stiffened by sticking in complete printed signatures...

p.