Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 9 Aug 2008 to 10 Aug 2008 (#2008-222)

date: august 11, 2008
from: ellen wallenstein
subject: how to have a book of photographs printed

i just had a good experience with blurb. (just posted this 2 weeks ago,am re-posting as it seems appropriate)..
my book can be seen/ordered at
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/ 204923/72331f63550f5dd9d5adde81325562fc

regarding blurb publishing, their doublesided printing is good, however the pages are a bit thin.... but well-glued into the cover (mine is paperback.)
which was what i wanted!
i wouldn't suggest this for anyone who wants to take a book apart (the point for me was to have a book bound, not unbound.)
perhaps you could find a printing service that offers double-sided pages, folded, such as 4over4.com or printingforless.com. you could order a broadside or poster.
i used 4over4 for business cards, & postcards for a show & was pleased (and price was right).

best to everyone.