[BKARTS] 2008 Rare Book School Scholarship (Charlottesville, VA) application posted

[2008 RBS Scholarship application posted]

The 2008 Rare Book School scholarship application is now available
online.  Applications will be accepted until 5pm, 1 September 2008.
The RBS Scholarship Committee chair will notify scholarship applicants
of its decision via email on 6 October 2008.

The usual rules apply: students apply for a scholarship generally,
rather than for any particular RBS course. Successful applicants in
the fall 2008 competition may then use their scholarships for any RBS
course offered in 2009 or 2010 to which they are subsequently
admitted.

See http://www.rarebookschool.org/scholarship/ for further information
about RBS scholarships, and a description of the application
procedures.

The current Scholarship Committee comprises:

Melissa Mead (Digital and Visual Resources Librarian, University of
Rochester) chair, through 2009; Nathaniel Adams (formerly Assistant
Director for Programs, RBS) through 2008; Vic Zoschak (Tavistock
Books, Alameda, CA) through 2009; Libby Chenault (Librarian, Rare Book
Collection, University of North Carolina) through 2010; and Ryan L.
Roth (Program Director, RBS) through 2011.

[Fall/winter RBS courses]

RBS will offer 6 courses in the fall and winter of 2008/9:

20-24 October in Washington, DC
(I-90) The Art of the Book in Edo and Meiji Japan, 1615-1912 (a new
course), taught by Ellis Tinios

20-24 October in NYC
(M-50) Introduction to Illuminated Manuscripts, taught by Roger S. Wieck

3-7 November in Baltimore
(M-20)  Introduction to Western Codicology, taught by Albert Derolez
(I-20)  Book Illustration Processes to 1900, taught by Terry Belanger

5-9 January 2009 in Baltimore
(H-25) C15 Books in Print and Manuscript, taught by Paul Needham & William Noel
(B-50) Seminar in the History of Bookbinding, taught by Jan Storm van Leeuwen

Note: This year, RBS will NOT be offering courses in January in New York City.

The application form for our October/November 2008 courses is
available on our website here:
http://www.rarebookschool.org/applications/

The January application form is forthcoming; stay tuned to our website
for more details.

--
Ryan L. Roth
Program Director, Rare Book School