[BKARTS] Penland School of Crafts Fall Concentration Class

I wanted everyone to know about this incredible class:

 ***Fall Eight-Week Class at Penland School of Crafts ***
   For more information: www.penland.org

September 21-November 14, 2008

   Frank Brannon - The Book as Holistic Object -
   Holistic: Emphasizing the importance of the whole and the
   interdependence of its parts. All levels. We will first consider
   the substrate of the book: the paper, which we will make for
   pages or covers as needed. Then we will learn hand typesetting,
   letterpress printing, and various techniques for printing
   illustrations. Finally, after studying various binding styles,
   we will produce small-edition books. Each step will inform all
   others; each will contribute to the whole.

   Proprietor of SpeakEasy Press; Bibliographic Society of America
   Fellowship; lead printer for Penland 2008 winter residency in
   letterpress; recent monograph on the Cherokee Phoenix newspaper
   of northern Georgia, 1828?1834.

speakeasypress.com