Re: [BKARTS] Emergency!!! I need your help ...

Obviously a scam. How did it get posted in the first place?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hugh" <hughcarroll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 6:59 AM
Subject: Re: Emergency!!! I need your help ...

This is a scam

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Trusky <ttrusky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Aug 29, 2008 9:49 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Emergency!!! I need your help ...

{Peter, what exactly is a "soft loan"?}

angela harkavy <angelaoharkavy@xxxxxxx> 08/29/08 7:09 AM >>>
Hi,

I'm sorry I never inform you of my recent travel out of the country for
a programme called "Empowering the Youth to fight Racism, HIV/AIDS and
Poverty" It is currently holding in Nigeria, Austria and South Africa.
Currently, i'm stranded here in Nigeria because I got robbed on my way
to the hotel where I stay now. My ID, Credit card, cash and other
valuables I have with me were stolen, I contacted the embassy here to
help me out but it will take them a bit of time to get back to me, so I
will need a soft loan of $2500 from you to help me sort out the hotel
bills and get back home from here, I promise I will pay you back upon my
return, please write back as soon as you can so that I can provide you
with information which you are to use in sending the money to me via
Western union money transfer, I trust you would help me out of here.

Regards.

Angela O. Harkavy

124 Monroe View Trail Sanford, FL 32771

Tel: 407-302-1302