Re: [BKARTS] Emergency!!! I need your help ...

Everyone on a list needs to take all available precautions to frustrate this stuff.

My credit card number was picked out of the ether by some clever hacker a year ago and even with thousands of similarly nabbed cardholders, notices in the regional newspapers, efforts by the merchant (Hannaford stores) to arrest--I have only escaped real trouble--and expense, so far--by sheer chance.

So-called "Nigerian" scams are almost too easy to deal with: why go to a list serv for a relatively well-informed community -