Re: [BKARTS] Photo Restoration/adhesives

I've used ATG gold, an archival double adhesive tape. Not only is it archival, but is also removable and sturdy. Since it's a tape, it doesn't use moisture. You need a tape gun to apply it, and it isn't cheap, but in the long run it works out great!

Jennifer Phiffer

--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Amy LeePard <paintedbuntingbooks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Amy LeePard <paintedbuntingbooks@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BKARTS] Photo Restoration/adhesives
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 3:17 PM

Hi Friends,

I am seeking advice on a restoration project that I am working on.  I have a
customer with an antique photo album who wants a completely new binding with
new pages employing some of the decorative elements of the old album.

The question is : *How would you adhere the photographs to the new pages?*

I have a lot of experience with photo restoration but I am usually rescuing
them from yucky adhesives, water damage, tears etc. - Now I'm being asked
adhere them back to paper and wondering about an archival way to do so.

Photos are all different sizes, some tiny school pictures 1.5"x2" and
up. *She
prefers not to use photo corners*.

She wants the album to look like the original so *wants the photographs
adhered to the pages.*

There is also some writing on the old paper that she wants me to cut and
adhere to the new paper.

I would greatly appreciate any tips, advice or recommendations on archival
adhesives or alternative methods.

Thanks,
Amy LeePard

--