[BKARTS] endpapers for broadsheet collections

Is there anyone else out there binding broadsheet newspapers into archival volumes? Until recently I was able to obtain cartridge paper 24" by 36" which allowed me to make endpapers for volumes 22 3/4 by 12 1/2. I was using truwrite drawing paper but the mill must have changed hands because the paper I am getting now in no way resembles the original truwrite paper. It was about 80# text, had a nice tooth, folded like a dream and didn't curl when wet with starch paste or mixture. The new stuff is about 60# and is smooth to the point of almost glossy, buckles when it folds and curls in the least moisture.

I have recently tried cartridge paper Bee Paper from Portland OR but even it doesn't fold nicely as is not opaque enough.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a source for good heavy (not card stock) opaque sheets of paper for endpapers at least 25 X 23?

Dave Allen

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca