[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[BKARTS] FW: Lawrence township artists book competition
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [BKARTS] FW: Lawrence township artists book competition
- From: "Staum-Kuniej, Sonja S" <sstaumku@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:25:45 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Comments: To: "Hacker, Pamela K" <email@example.com>, "Gibson, Kimberley" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, IN-ULIBSTAFF <IN-ULIBSTAFF@exchange.iu.edu>
- Comments: cc: Richard Spencer <email@example.com>, Judy Byron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Message-id: <7F828E1154B4864E8D04CF392A7C60601273AC344C@iu-mssg-mbx01.ads.iu.edu>
- Reply-to: Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: AckTZo4Frk15OO31SgGV9WtYxsnpaQAAha2A
- Thread-topic: Lawrence township artists book competition
Please see/forward the call for entries below for the Lawrence township artists book competition – entry fees have been waived. Please deliver entries to McKenzie Career Center Friday Sept 23 or Friday Oct 4. More information on the competition may be found below.
The link to the Lawrence Township Artists Book competition, http://www.writestuffwriters.com/the-lawrence-artists-book-competition/ .
From the Web site:
Lawrence Artists’ Book Competition-Updated
July 3, 2008 by admin<http://www.writestuffwriters.com/author/admin/>
[cid:image001.jpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Encompassing a wide range of media, artists’ books are works of art that are sometimes realized in the form of a book, but not always. These works are usually published in small editions, though sometimes they are one-of-a-kind objects. Artists’ books have employed a wide range of forms, including scrolls, foldouts or loose items contained in a box. Though artists have been active in printing and book productions for centuries, the artists’ book is primarily a 20th century art form.
Please download and complete the registration form<http://www.writestuffwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/artist_book_registration.pdf>. Registrations are due no later than September 30, 2008. Participants will be notified by e-mail by October 6, 2008. The e-mailing will include labeling and identification instructions for delivery.
Thanks to the Partnership for Lawrence, a non profit group supporting the arts in Lawrence Township, entry fees have been waived for this competition! You will still need to register your entry and indicate which category you are in.
$10 FREE Youth (12–17 year of age)
$20 FREE Amateur
$20 FREE Professional
From: Judy Byron [mailto:judybyron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:59 PM
To: Staum-Kuniej, Sonja S
Subject: Re: Lawrence township artists book competition
We need to get the attendance up on our Artists' Book competition. We have removed any entrance fee for students. Can you help us get the word out? Entries are to be delivered to McKenzie Career Center on Friday Sept 23 or Friday Oct. 4. the entry form can be found at www.indybooktalk.com<http://www.indybooktalk.com> Any help is greatly appreciated.