[BKARTS] Western NY Workshops

The Western NY Book Arts Collaborative is pleased to announce its Fall 2008
workshop series. This first series at our new home at 468 Washington Street
in downtown Buffalo covers some basic intro classes in printing & book
binding. As facilities & demand increase, we will offer additional and more
in-depth classes. We have kept the fees reasonable (plus WNYBAC members
receive a 20% discount on all workshops) and have a few unusual sessions to
help make gifts for the holidays. We welcome your feedback and hope you will
join us for one or more of these workshops.

All of the following can be registered for online at:
http://www.wnybookarts.org/events.php

Introduction to Hand Typesetting and Letterpress Printing
Instructor: Hal Leader.   Tuesdays. Sept 30 & Oct. 7th

Introduction to FontLab ­ making fonts for the computer
Instructor: Richard Kegler.  Wednesdays Oct. 8th & 15th

Link Stitch/Long Stitch exposed spine bindings
Instructor: Brian Maloney. Saturday. October 11th

Open Studio/Critique & demo session
Instructor: Brian Maloney. Sunday. October 12th

Budgeting for Independent Publishing
Instructor: David McNamara. Tuesday Oct. 14th

Printmaking with Leaves (kids)
Instructor: Mollie Atkinson. Saturday. Oct 18th

Introduction to Hand Typesetting and Letterpress Printing
Instructor: Hal Leader. Tuesdays. Oct. 21st & 28th

Letterpress Holiday Cards
Instructor: Richard Kegler. Mondays. November 3rd & 10th & 17th

Simple Book Structures
Instructor: Diane Bond. Tuesdays. November 4th & 11th

Hardcover multi-signature book
Instructor: Richard Kegler. Wednesdays. November 5th & 12th

Decorative papers ­ Marbled & Paste Papers
Instructor: Richard Kegler & Diane Bond. Tuesdays. December 2nd & 9th

Cards & Tags using Recycled materials (All Ages)
Instructor: Carol Wannemacher. Wednesdays. December 3rd & 10th

Printmaking with Household Objects (kids)
Instructor: Mollie Atkinson. Saturday. December 6th

DIY Pin back button making session (All ages)
Wednesday. December 17th

Also don¹t forget the Bread & Puppet workshops & performance this week at
WNYBAC:
http://www.p22.com/wnybookarts/2008/08/bread-puppet-theater-workshops.php

Western NY Book Arts Collaborative
http://www.wnybookarts.org