Re: [BKARTS] Re SPOD Books in the bookart realm ?? !!

Of course self-published, on demand books can be artists' books.

There are already many examples out there. Keith Smith, Scott McCarney and
Clifton Meador have all done many books using lulu.com

Clif has an excellent essay on using lulu to make artists' book. Go to :
http://stores.lulu.com/cliftonmeador

Clif sells his books directly through lulu.com. Keith and Scott sell theirs
after having the printing done by lulu and then later in the studio
rebinding them.

Visual Studies Workshop Press long ago switched from offset lithography to
HP Indigo printing, which is just a slightly different form of on-demand
publishing, since quantities as low as one can be printed once the book has
been digitally set up and approved, and all settings saved.

My artists' book classes are using Blurb.com

-Phil Zimmermann