[BKARTS] clay-coated or similar papers for hand bookbinding?

This thread about SPOD books has got me thinking (I know, not a good thing!) about the feasibility of printing small books in the studio with one of those Epson printers with archival inks. The problem for me is that the nice 100% cotton rag papers I have soak up ink and don't give as crisp artwork and text as I'd like. Are there papers that are similar to the nice clay-coated papers used in printing books with heavy photographic content? I like to hand bind and don't really want to give up that control.

Thanks,

Kathy Marie

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead