Re: [BKARTS] Re SPOD Books in the bookart realm ?? !!

I agree with your point regarding reproductions, Shirleen, but "computer generated art"? This might seem to you like a nit, but the last time I looked, my computer didn't generate art. The only one I know of that does, is "Aaron" developed over 3 decades by Harold Cohen at UCSD, and even that has had a significant amount of human input to bring it to the point "it" could paint.

I use my computer daily to make art, just as some use paint brushes and etching solutions. I have never seen anyone call that work "brush generated art" or "chemical reaction generated art." The artist makes the art, regardless of the tool.

Diana Nicholette Jeon
Lecturer, New Media Arts
University of Hawaii Kapiolani College