[BKARTS] Exhibition -- Bookverks 2008

Hello All,

I'd like to invite you all to the exhibition, "Bookverks
2008, The Information Is Not Knowledge Project," of which will be on
view at the Grassroots Arts Facility from October 2-24, 2008. The GRAF
is located at 143 Christopher Columbus Street in Jersey City. All are
welcome to the opening, taking place on Thursday October 2, from 7-10
PM. The exhibition will be on view during the Jersey City Studio Tours,
October 4-5, 2008, from 12-6 PM.

Twenty-six artists, invited by curators Amanda Thackray and James
Prez, were given a volume of the Encyclopedia Britannica asked to do
whatever the pleased to it. I was given Volume E, Earth-Everglades, which began
its transformation by composting the text block. Two oak tree seedlings
are now growing out of the former pages.

To see images of the exhibition, please visit:

http://bookverks2008.googlepages.com/home

Or check out Rocinante Press

http://rocinantepress.blogspot.com/

Hope some of you get a chance to see the exhibition.

Michelle Wilson