Re: [BKARTS] deodorizing large quantities at once

From: Sharlane Gubkin <sxg7@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Ellie,
Can you please send this link to him:
http://www.midwestfreezedryltd.com/New%20Odor%20Removal%20Process.htm

The traditional treatment for smoke on books was to expose them to ozone, but it is harmful to the books paper people and planet. Fabrese and Lysol are bad for the books too and just cover up the odor. In my opinion Midwest Freeze Dry (above link)
has the best mass treatment for deodorizing thousands of books. For just a few books they can be aired out or interleaved and wrapped in Microchamber Paper (contains zeolytes) available from Conservation Resources Inc.http://www.conservationresources.com/

Sharlane