[BKARTS] Book or Sculpture?

Hi all,

New to book arts, aside from a course taken last semester.  Recently, I've been working on a book idea.  When I finished with the mock-up, I noticed I had   deconstructed the form of the book and it seems more like a sculpture.  Now I've been attempting to pull the piece back into a "book" form.  Am I making sense?

So my question is: what defines a book as opposed to a sculpture?  Is it text or is it the original intent?  Any opinions would be much-valued.

Lisa