Re: [BKARTS] Book or Sculpture?

Well of course a blank book is by definition a book. There is progression, even if it is a matter of getting from the first blank page to the last. It's probably a more interesting progression once that blank book is filled with content. The problem we had with the big granite "book" (did I mention it weighed about a ton?) is that it really was just a sculpture in the shape of a book. Kind of like those book-shaped cakes you get at the supermarket bakery. Not a book.

John
(same John as earlier, switched from JCBA hat to Convivio Bookworks hat)

"Thank you, and write when you can."
 Convivio Bookworks
 Inspired goods from around the globe and close to home...
 Books and broadsides, made by hand in Lake Worth, Florida.
 http://www.conviviobookworks.com