[BKARTS] Announcing: Where Are You From? A new pop-up book from Alex Appella

Hello all,
I am ecstatic to be able to announce my new (and first ever) pop-up collage
book entitled

Where Are You From?

Experience it online at http://www.transientbooks.com/wherefrom.html

As an Oregonian living in Argentina, not a day goes by that I am not asked,
"Where are you from?"-in the grocery store, paying bills, getting gas. I am
heartened that my accent has improved: most of the askers assume I am from
Brazil. But it is an accent nonetheless, and the question is constant. It is
a notable opportunity for self-reflection. Over the last eight years, the
answer has evolved significantly. The artist book, "Where Are You From?"
explores my answers through collage that utilizes pop-up construction and
moveable parts.

About the binding:
8 full color collages/pages sewn onto linen tapes. Flat back binding.
Each book housed in its own "trunk".
6 x 8 inches.
Printed on an Epson Ink Jet Printer.
This on-going, numbered edition was begun in September, 2008 in San Antonio
de Arredondo, Province of Córdoba, Argentina.

Enjoy!
Alex Appella
www.transientbooks.com
San Antonio de Arredondo, Córdoba, Argentina