[BKARTS] Hewit Newsletter - 'Skin Deep' No.26 - Autumn 2008

****Please excuse the cross posting****

To our Customers and Friends.

We are pleased to announce the publication of Skin Deep, Vol.26, Autumn 2008
at: http://www.hewit.com/skindeep.htm

Extreme Bookbinding - A fascinating preservation project in Ethiopia. It all started with a phone call in May 2006, "Do you want to work in the Ethiopian mountains on a 6th Century manuscript?". To go directly to this article click http://www.hewit.com/sd26-eb.htm

Enemies of Books - Part 1 - Fire - The first in a series of articles by William Blades, a 19th Century bibliophile who provides us with his views on the enemy within. Fire is the topic of this chapter, but rest assured, bookbinders will not escape his wrath in future issues. To go directly to this article click http://www.hewit.com/sd26-enem.htm

And last, but not least, there are the usual regular features: 'Product & Company News' - http://www.hewit.com/sd26-comp.htm 'Study Opportunities' - http://www.hewit.com/sd26-stdy.htm 'Dates for your Diary' - http://www.hewit.com/sd26-date.htm

A full .pdf file of this edition (and back issues) of Skin Deep may be
downloaded from the 'Downloads' page on our web site at:
http://www.hewit.com/downloads.htm

We hope that you enjoy reading this offering of Skin Deep

Happy reading

David Lanning
Sale Director

J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. sales@xxxxxxxxx http://www.hewit.com Mobile: 07947 754842 Voice Mail: +44 (0) 1280 709701 Skype Name: davidlanning

Edinburgh Numbers
Tel: +44 (0) 131 449 2206
Fax: +44 (0) 131 451 5081

Registered Office: Kinauld Leather Works, Currie, Edinburgh, EH14 5RS -
Registered in Scotland No SC16424