[BKARTS] Adding a pocket in a book cover

I am making a book for a client which consists of about 80 pages that are 8 1/2  x 11 printed sheets that I am perfect binding with hard covers. I need to put a pocket in the back inside cover to accept extra sheets of paper (anywhere between 5-20 sheets). How can I make sure that there will be enough room to accept these pages(and the actual material that the pocket will be made of) and still have the book close properly? Also I haven't designed the pocket yet- I want it to be sturdy/ durable. Maybe something with a fold or pleated side? And will the end paper in the back need to be cut wider to accommodate the extra stuff and still cover the back board?

If anyone can give me some advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Julie Friedman
Stone Fence Press
www.juliefriedman.net