[BKARTS] monthly bookmaking project for kids

Dear Friends

I have posted October's project at
http://www.makingbookswithchildren.blogspot.com/

Also for those in Massachusetts, I thought I'd mention a workshop I will be giving at the Global Studies Center at Framingham State College on Saturday, November 1.

Creative Bookmaking
Books are wonderful vehicles for content across the curriculum. Students are inspired to write and research more when they have a handmade book to display their efforts. Making books also provides an opportunity for creative thinking as forms are varied and combined. Susan will teach you simple book forms and then work with you to vary and adapt them to create a number of different books and develop curriculum applications appropriate for your particular needs. You'll leave with sample books ready for the classroom and ideas for many more. For those who have taken Susan's workshops before, these sessions repeat some familiar techniques but allow more time for experimentation and development of ideas. Recycled materials will be used. A list of simple materials to bring will be sent with registration.

Session 1 (fall) will focus on simpler forms including a variety of accordions and slat and palm leaf books.

Session 2 (spring) will include combinations of fold and cut booklets, diamond fold books, and sewn bindings.

Center for Global Studies
http://www.framingham.edu/dgce/global/index.html
Framingham State College
Framingham, MA